Monday, January 28, 2019

Michel Legrand 1932-2019

Michel Legrand composed some of my favorite film scores, and he kept working right up until his death on Saturday. 
Some of my favorites:
Lola (Jacques Demy)
A Woman Is a Woman (Jean-Luc Godard)
Cleo from 5 to 7 (Agnes Varda)
My Life to Live (Jean-Luc Godard)
Eva (Joseph Losey)
The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (Jacques Demy)
Band of Outsiders (Jean-Luc Godard)
The Young Girls of Rochefort (Jacques Demy)
The Thomas Crown Affair (Norman Jewison) (I've never seen this movie, but I love the score)
F for Fake (Orson Welles)
The Three Musketeers (Richard Lester)
Atlantic City (Louis Malle)
Dingo (Rolf de Heer) (score co-written with Miles Davis)
Ready to Wear (Robert Altman)
Les Miserables (Claude Lelouch)
The Other Side of the Wind (Orson Welles)

No comments:

Blog Archive