Friday, August 14, 2009

First movie/last movie

I am going to take a break from the Musicians on Film series for a while, though I intend to bring it back, and start a new series, First Movie/Last Movie. The rules: I will show stills from a director's first film and last film. The director has to be either dead or long-retired. Unlike my posting of other images on this site, I don't have to have seen the films. I am omitting short films, music videos, commercials, television episodes, and unfinished works, unless that filmmaker primarily made short films, etc. Here's #1: Robert Aldrich.










































Big Leaguer (1953)
...All the Marbles (1979)

I'm a big Aldrich fan, but I haven't seen either of these. I don't know why I haven't seen his last film. It stars Peter Falk and Burt Young and is about women's professional wrestling. At the very least, it should probably be the greatest film ever made.

No comments:

Blog Archive