Saturday, April 04, 2009

R.I.P. Lou Perryman


Character actor Lou Perryman was murdered in his home in Austin, Texas on Wednesday night by a mentally ill man who had stopped taking his meds. His murder appears to be a random act in a string of tragic, unfortunate circumstances involving the mentally ill man. The 67-year-old Perryman was a great actor who should have been a lot more famous. I saw him at a Q&A for Eagle Pennell's The Whole Shootin' Match at the Alamo Drafthouse Downtown last year, and he came across as a big-hearted curmudgeon with a potty mouth. I immediately liked him, and I wished I were his drinking buddy. He appeared on some episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger and was later quoted as saying, "Chuck Norris is a pussy! I'd flush that cocksucker down the toilet!" The world goes on without Lou Perryman. Matthew McConaughey is a multi-millionaire.

Recommended roles
The Whole Shootin' Match (1978)
The Blues Brothers (1980)
Poltergeist (1982)
Last Night at the Alamo (1983)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)
Boys Don't Cry (1999)

No comments:

Blog Archive