Monday, October 02, 2006

Favorite Actor Monday




Watching Sandrine Bonnaire act is like listening to Keith Moon or John Bonham drum. Seeing her in "La Ceremonie," which is one of my favorite movies, I felt complete empathy, bafflement, and terror from her character. All at once. For the film's duration. She's good.

Recommended Sandrine Bonnaire performances:
Vagabond (Agnes Varda, 1985)
Under the Sun of Satan (Maurice Pialat, 1987)
Monsieur Hire (Patrice Leconte, 1989)
Joan the Maid (Jacques Rivette, 1994)
La Ceremonie (Claude Chabrol, 1995)

1 comment:

Spacebeer said...

I feel like I've seen dozens of movies about Joan of Arc, and the idea of another one didn't really excite me when we sat down to watch Rivette's "Joan the Maid." But Bonnaire made her Joan so engaging and wonderful that I forgot I'd seen the story a million times. So so so good. And "La Ceremonie" is the best.

Blog Archive